I have 1099 income and W2 income, how do I calculate my savings for taxes?

If you make both 1099 and W2 income, you are responsible for paying taxes on both classifications of your income. It's likely that your employer will withhold and pay taxes from your W2 income but you will be responsible for withholding and paying taxes from your 1099 income separately. To ensure that you are covering your self-employment tax obligation, you're required to make estimated payments throughout the year.

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request


Please sign in to leave a comment.