In order for us to know where to send your spendable income, you’ll need to link a personal bank account to your Painless1099 account. This allows us to send your cash directly to you after we’ve separated what you need to save for taxes.
In this article, you’ll learn how to link and verify your bank account to your Painless1099 account.
Things to know about linking your bank account:
- You’re able to link any US bank account to Painless1099, as long as it has a valid account and routing number associated with it.
- You can only have one account linked to your Painless1099 account at a time. If for any reason, you need to change this account, you’ll be able to do so from your dashboard.
- Most of our users link the checking account they use most often to their Painless1099 account but it’s entirely up to you.
There are two methods to link your bank account with Painless1099
- Instant: If your account is with a major bank (Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Chase, etc.) you can safely link your bank account instantaneously by providing the username and password of this account.
- Manual: If your account with a lesser-known bank (smaller banks & credit unions) you can link your bank account by providing your account and routing number. We’ll send verification deposits to verify that you own this account. Please note, this method takes 1 to 2 business days to complete.
Here are instructions for instantly linking your bank account with your Painless1099 account:
- Select the icon for the bank the account you’d like to link is held with
- Enter the username and password associated with your bank account
- If applicable, you may be prompted to enter a pin & answer security questions from your bank
Once you’ve linked this account, you’ll move forward to Setting Your Withholding Rate.
If you don’t see your bank on the list, here are instructions for manually getting your bank account linked with your Painless1099 account through verification deposits:
- Select I don’t see my bank
- Enter the account and routing number for the account you’re linking
- Select the account type; checking or savings.
- Click Send Verification Deposits
We’ll send two (2) deposits of less than $1.00 to your account. These deposits will take 1-2 business days to arrive, you’ll have to wait until you receive your deposits to finish setting up your account.
Once these deposits have landed in your linked bank account, follow these instructions to finish linking your bank account:
- Log into Painless1099
- Enter the two deposit amounts*
- Click Verify
*If you see three (3) transactions on your bank statement, you’ll use the two (2) deposit (credit) amounts only. The withdrawal (debit) amount is not needed.
Note: These verification deposits expire 14 days after they are sent. If your verification deposits expire, contact support and we’ll send you a new batch.
Once, you’ve linked this account, you’ll move forward to Setting Your Withholding Rate.